Monday, December 27, 2010

Transitions

Why I decided working on multiple projects at once was a good idea, I'll never know.

Actually, lies. It's because I have the attention span of a squashed gnat. With ADHD.

So, current tally:
  • Summer of Betrayal -- Needs a couple light scene/sentence edits here and there, then it's ready to (omg) show to agent-type people.
  • Rosie's Book That Needs a Title -- Sleeping Beauty re-appropriation. Needs heavy edits that for some reason are nowhere near as daunting as the edits for SoB were. Likely because Rosie is a badass and pretty much writes this one herself, actually. It is for that reason that this is next on the list.
  • Autumn of Discord -- The second Camlain book. Thanks to my attempt to start it during NaNo, I have the first...oh, three to five pages or so. It's not a bad beginning, actually; good enough to make me want to work on it again, which is a good sign.
  • Wild At Heart -- Needs to decide if it is a standalone book or a series. And if it's a series, that's the series name, so what are the individual book titles? Most of Chapter One of this exists, thanks again to NaNo, but the characters are far more well-developed than any visible plot. Needs more outlining.
  • World Enough -- I wrote this the majority of the time during NaNo and even though I skipped around and there are chapters from all over the place I reread it Friday and I love it. Love it. I have a full outline. I know my characters. I know my world. I just have to make myself focus. It would be easier to do this if I didn't have the attention span of a squashed gnat with ADHD. Ah, brain-that-loves-multitasking, you are both a gift and a curse.
I wonder if I left anything out. I only included the ones that already have existing prose-- counting the other two Camlain books, I have...four others (five if you count that one of those four is made of two separate novellas that are going to be smushed together with another one to make a book).

Any agents out there want to take a chance on a slightly indecisive, somewhat unfocused but ever-witty (in my fiction, at least) and overly imaginative authoress who really needs to pay off her student loans?

Please?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, very impressive! Good luck with everything :)

    x M.

    ReplyDelete