Monday, February 6, 2012

The Art of Procrastination

Things I Did This Weekend When I Was Supposed To Be Writing My Book
  • Tweeted.
  • Went to three and a half hours of ballet and tap classes.
  • Tumbld.
  • Watched Merlin.
  • Read my friend Savannah's creative/design blog, MaieDae.
  • Facebooked.  
  • Pre-ordered the entire China Glaze Capitol Colours collection.
  • Tried to paint my nails.
  • Facebook-stalked people I haven't seen since high school.
  • Let my cat chew on my arm.
  • Whined.
  • Considered driving to Dunkin Donuts for coffee.
  • Showered.
  • Was too lazy to drive to Dunkin Donuts for coffee.
And yet somehow I managed to get it finished anyway. Winter's Majesty now has a complete first draft, although it's absolutely terrible-- so bad that I'm considering calling it a pre-first-draft. But all the important stuff is down on paper, and I can let this project breathe for awhile, and let myself breathe for awhile, and work on a different project.

Current Rejection Count: 3

1 comment:

  1. I need your motivation. Haha. But seriously. What's your secret?

    ReplyDelete