Monday, January 16, 2012

Rejection: 1, Hannah: 0

I've had this window open for about four hours now, trying to decide what to write about. I considered blogging about rejection, because I got my first rejection of my query letter today, but-- I'm not upset. And since I'm not upset, I don't really have much to say about it.

Actually, I'm not sure that I have much to say about anything this week. It's one of those periods in life where everything feels the same. I hate ruts. Every other one I've gone through, though, has passed, so I'm sure that this one will too-- I just have to find that thing that will get me out of it.

Any suggestions? Hope everyone's week got off to a good start!

2 comments:

  1. I, for one, might enjoy a post where you post said query letter rejection, and dissect it based on it's grammatical prowess and rate it on it's level of well-written-ness. Just because that might be fun. Or funny. Or awkward. But hopefully not awkward, because I don't want you to feel awkward about it. But I'm always curious about the people who create those rejection letters, and whether or not they spend a lot of time making sure that their letter has superior storytelling ability to what of yours they are rejecting, because personally, if they are rejecting my fiction or whatever, then their notice of said rejection needs to be the best darn thing I've ever read. I want to laugh, I want to cry, and at the end of it all, I want to look upon that photocopied signature of whoever's office it supposedly came from with a sense of catharsis and self-betterment.

    Just a thought. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I would absolutely love to, but it was a very short form letter, so alas-- there is nothing to really dissect.

    ReplyDelete