Monday, January 2, 2012

In Which Consistency Is Not My Strong Suit

New year, new rules.

I've been challenged by a friend to do one post per week. I can do that, right?

Okay-- I didn't do very well with my attempt to blog my way through Camp NaNoWriMo, but I have good reasons for that! One being that Autumn of Discord was so depressing that I got dragged down into a pit of angst and despair whilst trying to finish it (which I did), and the other being that-- well, I finished it! I guess in the end a completed book is better than a blog post.

Which brings me to my next bit of news! During NaNoWriMo in November, I tackled book #3 of my Camlain quartet, Winter's Majesty. I reached my 50k goal before finishing the book, which currently has seven chapters remaining, so my current goal is to get that off my plate and then decide which project to work on next. What do you guys think-- finish last year's NaNo project, which is half complete, or rewrite my Sleeping Beauty reappropriation?

Something else exciting for 2012 is that I am finally going to start querying agents. This new venture should also help give me something to blog about every week, because I'm sure I'm going to get some rejections-- who doesn't? However, I'm hoping that at least someone wants it. Otherwise I'll cry.

Okay, let's be real. Those of you who know me know I'll cry no matter what happens.

But at least I know I'll cry and keep going, no matter what direction it happens to be in. Go big or go home, right? I think that's going to be my motto for 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment