Friday, August 12, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo - Day 12, or: That Time I Finished One Battle Scene Only To Immediately Be Launched Into Another

Night before last, I was so focused on getting through my first battle scene (which I did!) that I neglected to do one very important thing:

I did not look at my outline to see what I would be writing next.

Thanks to this fun little mishap, when I sat down to write last night, I realized that as soon as I finished my current chapter, I would be launched into two entire chapters worth of battle scenes or battle-related scenes. Although the majority of these scenes are from an emotional standpoint of one of my main characters, I can already tell you that these are going to have to be rewritten-- likely more than once. But I have to have a starting point, right?

Tonight I return to the battle, and I really would like to be able to power through to the end, because once I do I'm really into the plotty part of the book. Let the fun begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment